“Trust in Play / the European School of Urban Game Design” invites applications until May 31. Information and application forms at http://trustinplay.eu
Trust in Play supports emerging practitioners in forming a career out of making urban games and playful urban experiences. Benefits include enhancing professional capacities (artistic and business skills) and acquiring the tools to kickstart a career in urban game design.
Trust in Play invites all kinds of designers, artists, architects, urban planners and social innovators. Recent graduates or young professionals will have the chance to develop their skills in interdisciplinary design teams working on urban game projects.
Trust in Play is a 1-year mentoring program, leading up to the creation and production of urban game prototypes. Selected trainees will receive:
- a grant to support travel and daily allowance for the International Training Week in Athens in October 2019;
- ongoing training and support from local and international mentors;
- the opportunity to be part of an active community of creative practitioners;
- production budget for projects realized in teams during the second half of the traineeship in 2020 (about 3500€ per project).
Trust in Play is organized in three branches:
1) a “nomadic” branch, where trainees interact online;
2) a Dutch branch, based in Amsterdam;
3) a Greek branch, based in Athens
Trainees from all three branches will meet in Athens in October 2019 (travel & lodging costs paid).
Trust in Play is funded through a Creative Europe grant, and co-organized by:
- Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences,
- Innovathens / Technopolis City of Athens,
- Resilient Athens